Don’t get stuck without flood insurance.
The latest international cyberattack struck overnight affecting large European companies, such as Russian oil conglomerate Rosneft, pharmaceutical company Merck, and Danish shipping company Maersk. This latest version of ransomware is similar to the WannaCry attacks which occurred just last month and affected tens of thousands of machines.
The messages we heard following the WannaCry attacks were, “We didn’t have a ransomware plan in place, but now we are considering our options.” Companies without an air-gapped protection plan are like homeowners who failed to purchase flood insurance before the hurricane.
We continue to recommend this easy mantra—3-2-1 data protection:
- 3 copies of your data
- 2 different types of media (tape, disk, and deduplication)
- 1 air-gapped copy (offline and off-site)
When ransomware enters your systems, usually through a PC, it begins to encrypt your data and can target network-attached storage (NAS), virtualization, online collaboration tools, and more. Offline copies of your data are the only safe files.
1 air-gapped copy—this is your flood insurance, but better.
Quantum’s tape libraries make it easy and cost-effective to keep an offline copy of your data 100% under your control. Unlike any flood insurance plan, a tape library allows you to bring your data back online vs. providing compensation to fix damages. Because the data is stored offline and can be read back by a drive in your tape library, bringing the data back online can take just hours—allowing your business to get back up and running with minimal disruption to customers.
We don’t want you to get attacked by ransomware, but we do want you to have a backup plan in case the unimaginable happens.
Learn more about strategic plans to prevent ransomware attacks and ensure your data is protected.
- Learn more about best practices for fighting ransomware. Check out our ransomware white paper and recorded webinar.
- Discover options for the newest tape technology to add air-gapped backup in your data center.
- Look at the latest Quantum Scalar® iBlade™ integration with Veeam—allowing you to integrate tape in your Veeam environment without a physical server.