Here are some of my takeaways from the show:
- From our customers who are transitioning from SAN to IP-based workflows, it was great to hear some really favorable performance validation. In particular, customers using the StorNext® DLC client and protocol were super pleased with the streaming performance over IP – “best in class.”
- Our enhancements to FlexSync™ proved to be very popular – we are building out FlexSync with StorNext 6.2 to provide our customers with some great options:
- First – customers can use FlexSync to provide a DR solution by sync’ing their content between sites. And they can have high performance StorNext production storage at one site, then “sync” to another StorNext instance at a DR site built on low-cost, high-capacity storage.
- Second – we can ‘sync’ or import data from foreign file systems into StorNext, enabling our customers to consolidate content onto the best platform in the world, and enable more collaboration and meet tighter production deadlines.
- Integration with cloud continues to be a hot topic, and our added support for an S3 interface, as well as the ability to tier data to Microsoft Azure Hot, Cool and Cold storage services were a hit.
And, of course, it wouldn’t be a positive show if we didn’t walk away with some things we can improve on, and some suggestions and ideas from customers of things we can improve. I was reminded about the realities of trying to install security patches onto storage in a production environment, and some good ideas for improving management and reporting.
All in all it was a fantastic show, and I’m continually amazed by what our customers are doing.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]