At Quantum, we continue to manage through the COVID-19 pandemic, and as part of providing ongoing communication to our customers and partners, we will be publishing updates on a regular basis going forward.
Quantum actions implemented and underway:
- Employee Health and Safety: The health and safety of our employees have been, and will continue to be our top priority. We have transitioned to a remote workforce, and only essential personnel have access to our facilities on a need-only basis. While on-site, they are required to follow mandatory safety protocols.
- Technical Support: All Quantum remote technical support and remote system monitoring is business as usual with 24×7 availability using existing processes.
- On-Site Installation and Support: As the impact of the pandemic has increased across the world, our ability to deliver services onsite has been impacted. Depending on the country, the specific location, or the policy of our customers, onsite services at customer locations are being impacted. Quantum is working closely with our customers and partners to minimize business impact while ensuring business continuity.
- Supply Chain: As we noted in the press release issued on 6 April, while our supply chain remains intact and operating, we have experienced issues related to our logistics network. The reduced capacity within and across freight lanes has caused late deliveries. To date, we have experienced minimal impact on product availability, although future capacity constraints across the network due to lost capacity from factory downtime, closures, as well as reduced staff and demand signal fluctuations are expected to impact product availability in the months and possibly quarters to come. We are working closely with our suppliers to ensure forecast requirements are known and are taking steps in an effort to secure material in advance of suspected allocation disruptions. You have our commitment to communicate and coordinate with our customers and partners to minimize any potential impact.
- Virtual Events, Executive Briefings, Partner Meetings: We are working hand-in-hand with our customers to help them both ensure business continuity and drive their business forward as we face this pandemic together. We are hosting a number of virtual meetings and have many more upcoming virtual sessions planned.
- COVID-19 Task Force: We have set up an internal task force to escalate and resolve issues quickly, to answer questions, and to provide any help we can. You can contact the task force via Covid-19TaskForce@quantum.com.
We’ll continue to provide updates as the situation develops. Look for announcements in the coming weeks on virtual events, our new virtual executive briefing program, supply chain updates and more.
Please stay safe and healthy,
Your Quantum Team