LTO-8 doubles storage capacity with a 20% increase in performance over LTO-7. LTO-8 also brings a new capability to LTO technology—the ability to use new LTO-7 tape cartridges in a LTO-8 tape drive and get 50% more capacity. To get this capacity increase, the new LTO-7 cartridge can be initialized as LTO-8 Type M media or M8. This is a significant advantage, as it will further reduce the cost per TB of LTO tape storage.
What’s even more amazing is how the LTO-8 features complement Quantum’s Scalar and StorNext AEL portfolio, further extending Quantum’s position as an efficiency leader. As IT organizations continue to struggle with the challenges of data growth exceeding budgets, they require more efficient ways to store and manage data.
Quantum’s unique efficiency features include:
- Highest storage density: Minimizes storage footprint
- Embedded compute server: Provides efficiencies of converged solutions with applications running closer to the data
- Self-healing archive: Ensures the availability of content in long-term storage
- In-library vaulting: Improves security and access to vaulted content while reducing costs
- RESTful Web Services: Simplifies the automation of any repetitive task
- 80 PLUS® Gold certified power supplies: Minimizes power and cooling costs
To learn more about LTO-8 in Quantum solutions, read our announcement.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]