Welcome to ‘This Week at the Q’, our blog series that wraps up the week by sharing our Top 5 happenings. Despite being a shorter holiday week, nothing seemed to slow down!
1. TechTarget published an article in SearchDataBackup, “Why Tape-based Backup is Making a Comeback,” highlighting the benefits of modern tape platforms for backup and archive. In this, Diana Salazar, Product Marketing Manager, discusses the value of tape for archiving, the many cost benefits, and air-gapped protection against ransomware: “When you use tape-based backup and physically remove it from the network, you sever the connection and protect it from cyberattacks such as ransomware.”
2. Since our acquisition of ActiveScale from Western Digital in March, we’ve integrated quickly! We’ve just updated our object storage product page with several resources. With data only increasing in our ever-connected society, we have posted case studies to show how others are protecting and managing mountains of data and extracting more value from it.
3. We have a new white paper, “Evaluating Adobe Productions using a StorNext Shared Storage Environment,” that describes the results of recent lab-testing with Adobe Productions in Premiere Pro with StorNext. Everett Ward, Technical Marketing Engineer, walks through the test environment and summarizes the results, showing a seamless, collaborative workflow with Adobe Productions and the StorNext file system.
4. This one is for our French-speaking community. Quantum’s Stephane Cardot is featured in a podcast interview, “Le Stockage Objet: Are you ready?” with Le Podcast Français du Stockage. Stephane discusses object storage with hosts Yoann Castillo and Philippe Nicolas.
5. For our customers in Korea, we are hosting a new event, VirtualQ | NAB 2020 – 퀀텀 솔루션 하이라이트, on July 21st. Please join our local experts, Hoebong Park and Jaekyun Yu, where they will present the latest trends in media and entertainment, and host live Q&A.
For those of us in the U.S., I wish you all a safe Independence Day remembering we all share the right to freedom and equality.