1. This week we published a new customer case study, Max Planck Society. Scientists from across the globe work and research at the Max Planck Institute in various scientific fields across natural sciences, life sciences, social sciences, and the humanities. Max Planck Institutes are involved in more than 4,500 cooperation projects in over 100 countries.
The Joint Network Center (GNZ) at the Fritz Haber Institute (FHI) provides technology services for Max Planck Society. To better protect large volumes of scientific data, the GNZ needed to accelerate their storage backup process and improve their archiving. Read this new case study to learn how they were able to shrink their backup window, reduce costs, help ensure the long-term integrity of their data, and gain scalability to support fast-growing scientific data volumes.
2. We also announced the release of new DXi software with advanced features and capabilities for DXi backup appliances to significantly improve backup and restore system performance, as well as monitor systems remotely utilizing cloud-based analytics.
IDC’s Phil Goodwin, Research Director, Infrastructure Systems, Platforms and Technologies Group: “Traditional backup and recovery software remains strong, even as organizations add cloud-based backup to their data protection strategies. The combination of a Quantum DXi appliance and Veeam V10 shows great potential for enterprises seeking to protect their vital hybrid-cloud environments. Faster synthetic full backups enabled by this release means that organizations can backup more often, thereby reducing the risk of data loss and delivering a better RPO.”
Read more about this announcement in this Enterprise Talk press coverage.
3. Check out this new blog by Eric Bassier, Quantum’s Sr. Director of Product Marketing, “Are You Experiencing Unstructured Data Sprawl?” He outlines how “unstructured data sprawl” is the emerging problem that many CIOs and large enterprises are dealing with, and the need to classify the data, how to work with it when you need it, and how to store it safely when you are not actively working with it.
4. Speaking of unstructured data sprawl, the need for an archive strategy has never been greater. Check out this in-depth video with industry expert, Fred Moore of Horison Information Strategies, with Dave Vellante on theCUBE, covering the topic of “Reinventing Archives.”
5. This new SearchStorage article, “On-premises STaaS Shifts Storage Buying to Opex Model,” is a great overview of the growing field of STaaS, and discusses the benefits of a pay-as-you-go subscription model, the flexibility STaaS offers, and the simplified management for customers.
Leave a comment if there are topics you’d like to see added to our weekly top 5 happenings!
Lots happening this week!
Nice Weekly update
Thanks for the update!
Great update! It’s been a busy week! Thank you.