Welcome to another entry of ‘This Week at the Q’ and our top 5 highlights!
- We really enjoyed meeting with customers at the IBC Showcase, even if it was through a computer. If you missed the IBC Workflow Tour, you can watch on-demand here, where Quantum’s Eric Bassier (starting at minute 9:20) highlights our latest storage solutions for media and post production, as well as the latest trends shaping our technology roadmap, such as remote online editing, hybrid- and multi-cloud workflows, and ‘forever’ content archives. Hopefully we’ll all be back in Amsterdam next year!
2. We have a new web page highlighting our scale-out NAS protection solution. It highlights how you may achieve >50% in data protection cost savings (even if the scale-out NAS cluster isn’t Quantum), and includes a TCO calculator that allows you determine the specific costs savings for your environment. Read more here.
3. Digital Media World published a great feature article on Studio FAMU. Read more here about how this film school centralized storage to support more than 450 projects a year and enable students to work from anywhere.
4. The best part of my week is when I get to hear about customer experiences. This new Gartner peer review from a Quantum object storage customer highlights our collaboration to manage a large audiovisual archive.
5. AiThority published coverage of how Genomics England implemented a new object storage solution to enable them to sequence millions of genomes in the quest to beat COVID-19. Read more here.
Leave a comment if there are topics you’d like to see added to our weekly top 5 happenings!
Another busy week!