[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text][mk_dropcaps style=”simple-style”]M[/mk_dropcaps]arch 31st is World Backup Day, so we’ll give a shout out to www.worldbackupday.com. They’ve got some great tips and things to keep in mind, whether for consumers and home use, or for large enterprises.
From Quantum’s perspective, it’s a good opportunity to reinforce to our customers the importance of that classic backup best practice—the time-and-tested “3-2-1 rule.” The best practice states:
- Keep at least 3 copies of your data (primary copy, backup copy, and secondary backup copy)
- On 2 different types of media (for example, disk and tape)
- And keep at least 1 copy off-site (for protection against localized disasters)
This rule has been in place for years, but the technologies used to deliver this have evolved over time. As a specialist in data protection, Quantum has a portfolio of storage products to enable 3-2-1 data protection with the maximum performance at the lowest total cost of ownership. Our portfolio includes:
- DXi® deduplication appliances for high-performance, disk-based backup, including variable-length deduplication to maximize data reduction, and the ability to replicate between sites and even to the public cloud for disaster recovery (DR).
- QXS™ block storage for high-performance backup, instant virtual machine (VM) recovery, and more.
- Scalar® tape storage for low-cost, offline storage to provide an “air-gapped” backup copy that helps protect against ransomware.
Using these products, we can help our customers build backup and DR storage solutions that meet the 3-2-1 backup rule. Our clients rest easy knowing that we think about data protection 365 days a year—not just on World Backup Day![/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]