It’s the start of October, which means all things Halloween! Trick-or-treating won’t look the same this year, but we’re finding new ways to celebrate with virtual pumpkin carving contests and other fun. Stay tuned for updates throughout the month!
In ‘This Week at the Q’, we focus on strategies for managing skyrocketing data growth while balancing budget reductions, and protecting business operations from disruptions.
1. Quantum’s scale-out NAS data protection solution enables organizations to meet their backup performance targets, while reducing cost anywhere from 50% to 75%. This new blog, “Considerations for Protecting Large Scale-Out NAS Clusters,” talks about how we developed this solution for a couple of customers who were experiencing massive data growth, and needed to refresh their storage architectures while also reducing their infrastructure costs. Read about these customers here, and how their use cases led to this new solution.
2. Security Magazine published a new article, “Guard against ransomware and business disruption with offline backups,” discussing the current cybersecurity landscape, largely transformed and more vulnerable than ever due to a remote workforce, and how you can protect against ransomware. Hint: You’ll learn about the 3-2-1-1 rule and the importance of offline backups.
3. Speaking of, LTO is a key technology for ransomware protection. We were thrilled that Storage Newsletter covered our LTO-9 announcement in this article, “Quantum Makes LTO-9 Drives Available for Scalar Tape Libraries.”
4. Did you miss the recent virtual event with our partner ViON? This webinar for government agencies, “Keeping Pace in a Data Driven World: Managing Data Growth & Balancing Budget Shortfalls,” includes discussion about government data retention and compliance requirements, best practices for protection and archiving, and financial considerations. The webinar replay can be found here.
5. Coming up, Quantum’s Noemi Greyzdorf will join an industry panel to discuss “Managing Unstructured Data to Unlock Enterprise Value.” Join her and fellow panelists to learn more about innovative ways to federate data stored on ever-expanding devices and realize its true value
Leave a comment if there are topics you’d like to see added to our weekly top 5 happenings!